Monday, August 10, 2009

Udon

As part of my 101 things list, I decided to re-create all of epicurious.com's "Around the World in 80 Dishes." My last post, Ratatouille, though greatly amended, was dish #1. Dish #2, udon, caught my eye about a months ago. After many trips to various Asian grocery stores, I finally gathered all the ingredients. This time, I followed the epicurious recipe almost to the letter, except that I substituted beech mushrooms for shitake and left out the chicken and clams. The recipe is avaliable here, and also as a video, which you can find by searching for epicurious.

I took pictures through the entire process, but I think this one sums it up pretty well.


The flavor balance was superb. I got a little bit of everything in each spoonful. It was extremely filling and satisfying, for such a pretty dish. I would absofuckinglutely make this again, and again, and again.

No comments: